Riga Municipality Agency “Rīgas Enerģētikas aģentūra”
Address: Brīvības sstreet 49/53, LV-1010
The Riga Municipality Agency Rīgas Energetikas Agentura (REA) was established with the Riga City Council Resolution of 23 January 2007 On Establishment of the Riga Municipality Agency Rīgas Energetikas Agentura pursuant to the received support programme Intelligent Energy – Europe of the European Union within the framework of the project Establishment of Power Agencies in the BORDO Agglomeration (France), the City of LATINA (Italy), the City of Murcia (Spain), the City of PORTO (Portugal) and the City of RIGA (Latvia). The
Agency started its operation on 15 May 2007. REA is registered in the Tax Payers Register under the code 90002316775 and is an independently operating non-profit institution, which is established to secure the following municipality functions:
• Management and coordination of energy supply and energy efficiency in the Riga municipality;
• Securing information availability on the aforesaid issues for the residents.
REA main trends of activities are:
• Elaboration and updating of the energy supply and energy efficiency long-term conceptions and programmes, arrangement and supervision over introduction of these documents;
• Attraction of funds from different investment funds on the national and international levels to solve the energy supply and energy efficiency issues;
• Energy certification of buildings and organising their energy audit;
• Informing, consulting and training of the public on the issues of reducing energy consumption;
• In conformity with the EU Directive requirements, registration and regular monitoring of small heating boilers with the power of >20kW and air conditioning systems with the power of >12 kW.