Academy of Arts
National Architectural Monument,
1902 - 1905.
The Esplanade - a former military training area beyond the city ramparts - was partly built over at the beginning of XXth century. The building of Stock-exchange Commercial School was erected (now the Academy of Arts), architect V. Bockslaff. The Commercial School was designed in pseudo-gothic style following the so-called “brick-gothic” forms, and with its free functionally grounded, asymmetrical planning perfectly fits into the city landscape.